Wednesday, 27 January 2016

The Ruby And Obsidian God

The Ruby And Obsidian God
22.5cm x 22.5cm
Acrylic on gessoed board


My first painting for the year is one of the smallest in a while measuring 22.5 x 22.5 cm.

It features a variety of reds juxtaposed with black and my usual black line work.

It is acrylic on a gessoed wooden board, and I love how the paint has interacted with the surface (compared to painting on canvas or linen). It has an effect similar to oils.

The brilliance of the colour is not caught well in the photo but hints at it.


The Ruby And Obsidian God detail



2 comments:

  1. Words cannot describe how much I love this painting. As always, superb technique!

    On a tenuously-related note, have you ever considered making prints of your paintings, or would it be too cost-ineffective?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for always being such a keen supporter of my work.

    I plan to get prints done when I have my exhibition . . . . but that time is still a ways away.

    ReplyDelete