Tuesday, 1 December 2015

Richard Reidy 1944 - 2015


Richard Reidy
Photo from the jacket of his book, "Eternal Egypt".

I am sad to write that Richard Reidy has passed.

I spent some time with Richard in San Jose earlier this year, and attended his lecture at Pantheacon. I attended a beautiful ritual in honor of Bast at his invitation, my first time in this life to do so in a formal group setting.

He was a truly lovely man and I am very saddened by his passing. 

He contributed a lot to the Kemetic community and his book, "Eternal Egypt" has a place as one of my most beloved tomes on modern Kemeticism.

May Ausar establish a place for you in His domain, Richard. 

And may Sutekh grant you immortality and much power in the Duat and beyond. 

May Sekhmet bestow you with all you require to live on as an Akh in the beyond, bearing great light for all there, as you were here.


Richard and I after his presentation at Pantheacon earlier this year
photo by HiC Luttmers




No comments:

Post a Comment