Saturday, 14 February 2015

A Kemetic Ritual for the Goddess Bastet

I was fortunate enough to attend a temple ritual dedicated to the Goddess Bastet whilst attending Pantheacon 2015.



Held in one of the Doubletree Hotel suites where the convention is located, the ritual was conducted by Richard Reidy and participants of the Kemetic Temple of San Jose, The Temple of Ra in San Francisco, the Kemetic Temple of Sacramento, and the Per Akhet Kemetic Temple of Colorado.

The ceremony lasted around 45 minutes and featured some beautiful words and epithets of Bastet that I hadn't heard before. Those that were attending as guests like myself were able to join in the ceremony with various recitations and prayers.




After, the offerings were reverted and we had a mini feast of sorts. It was festive, fun and sacred all at once.


Beautiful Bastet with the ankh offering, and an offering of Maat

This was my first attendance of a group Kemetic ritual and it really was great being in attendance.


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! What an amazing, vibrant sacred space created for an amazing living Goddess. You certainly were blessed to be able to attend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this! What an amazing, vibrant sacred space created for an amazing living Goddess. You certainly were blessed to be able to attend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying seeing this through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased to read that!

      I have not been able to blog as much as I would like to, but I simply HAD to write about this ceremony for Bastet.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.