Thursday, 25 December 2014

West

Many years ago I had a vision of a remote city that turned out to be Perth. This is one of the most isolated cities in the world and sits on the western edge of Australia. Australia is the country of my birth and like most of this country’s population I live on the east coast.

Going west has significance for me. There is the vision from earlier in my life aforementioned that suggested something significant awaited me there, yes, but there is also the symbolism of the sun setting in the west, the Ancient Kemetic meaning of the west as a place of regeneration (you may also read “death” - I read transmutation) and perhaps the end of a phase . . .  

I am travelling as a party of 5. A young family with two small children, a lady that I regard as highly intelligent and altruistic (a cut above the average person I find) and her partner who has been my band partner in the past and is a very talented musician. (Also their dog accompanies us).

I fly directly over the city of my birth which is in South Australia. Normally this is where I head for this time of year but not this time.

I sit on aeroplane seats that have a hexagonal pattern (I am trying to decipher the significance of six sided objects and wonder if they form a fabric to our unseen reality that is also the key to entering that reality; this is one reason why my painting Winged Set has hexagonals in the background).

On the back of the taxi van that takes us to the airport is a wild bull logo and stern bull’s head on the black leather – in the early hours of this morning I completed my final painting for 2014, Mer Wer.

What will I discover west? I am not sure, but it feels like entering an initiation. Certainly the last part of this year has been trying, and in fact the year as a whole was not easy for many reasons.

I have just read a wonderful article in New Dawn Magazine (coincidentally issuing a special release on magical Egypt for my holiday reading!!!) about symbolist Egypt – an area I have great interest in. I am very interested in the works of RA Schwaller de Lubicz but find his work so dense to read that I have come and gone to it many times over the years. This article was so succinct and illuminating it inspired me to write of all the symbols I find on my journey to the west.

My sketch pad and pencils are in the suitcase – I can feel new paintings waiting to emerge. I plan to spend time on the beach and enjoy a real summer (Melbourne summers are great when you get them but are very hit and miss) and my reading matter includes “Temple Of Set Vol. 1”, “Shamanic wisdom of the pyramid texts” and Molly Meldrum’s autobiography, which was given me as a gift. (As most of my readers are not Australian, I explain that Molly Meldrum is an iconic Australian music industry mogul who has a very strong predilection for Ancient Egyptian antiquities!)

All of this as we enjoy our first days of the new solstice (days will start getting shorter here now). Ra moves away to illuminate less here and more elsewhere.

 
The view of the Indian Ocean from atop the residence I am enjoying over the 2014 Festive Season break
The host of my holiday residence has this on his boat; the symbols just keep coming readers!

Close up of the rather wonderful Eye Of  Heru on the prow of my hosts boat



No comments:

Post a Comment