Sunday, 11 August 2013

Sokar

My Sokar painting was completed last night.



The portrait is the 7th in a series of Nejeru portraits. A process that commenced early 2011 (read about it here) marking the beginning of my artistic career (again) comes to a conclusion with the completion of this work.



I have mentioned Sokar before; I feel that this piece does Him justice and consider it to be one of the best technical pieces I have made to date. I have included shots here from different perspectives that highlight the luminosity of the silver flame and halo that the portrait engenders.



Dua Sokar!

5 comments:

  1. Love this--very striking! Dua Sokar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not terribly familiar with Sokar, but this is a very powerful piece. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.