Sunday, 7 April 2013

Ayahuasca and The War On Consciousness


I listen to many podcasts and radio shows as I spend long hours painting. 

It is a great way of finding out what is happening in the world of metaphysics, science, and other areas that I am interested in. I rarely pay attention to or read the news, so this is a great way to keep abreast of things in one sense.

The talk that Graham Hancock did recently for a TedX series has powerfully moved me today. 

This is not the first time I have heard him discuss ayahuasca (I am very interested to try this plant), but the context of the discussion where he points to an awakening into a new consciousness – and the realisation of the madness we are currently hurtling through – really hit home. (I am not even going to comment on the fact that this talk was banned - it is a topic for a very different post).

I had some paintings out of storage, and seeing them in their remarkable beauty and acknowledging that they are not yet being shared made me wonder: am I keeping my own light under a bushel and not contributing to the solutions our world needs? What am I doing? I certainly am not contributing in the spectacular way that he is.

Listen to the video if you don't have time to sit down and watch it – it’s worth it.


"Winged Set" and "Metamorphosis": these and my other paintings are not yet hanging in a gallery or somewhere for people to look at

2 comments:

  1. You should also check out Psychedelic Salon. It is a podcast that features many of Tomithy Leary and Terrence McKenna's talks. It also has a ton of other experts in the field of psychedelic thinking. There are some really good talks and so e ok ones, but it is a really great resource for anyone who walks with those allies!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.