Monday, 19 November 2012

Words


Last week I received the hieroglyphic transliterations for words that I wish to incorporate into two of my paintings. They were so skilfully and beautifully presented that I wanted to share one set of them here. I am extremely grateful to Reverend Tamara Siuda for this.

 

 
I love how I have received the glyphs themselves, how to pronounce them, and the reference to the Gardiner list so that I can find out more about them and what they are. The phrase contains glyphs I had not seen before, like the puffer fish and the bow string.


I do not like to show paintings before they are complete, but I can show you the original sketch that the painting is based on.

 

I rendered the glyphs on Friday night and they look stunning. They have made my piece. And it isn't even complete yet.


I estimate that the painting, which is called “Anger”, will be completed in December. The other painting for which glyphs were also supplied is called “Winged Set”.


My second "W" for the PBP 2012

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I cannot wait to see the finished piece. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      I estimate that this piece will be completed early December. I am noticing that my paintings gain a momentum all their own and this one is seeking completion.

      Both pieces I mentioned in the post are Set paintings and I really look forward to knowing what you think of them.

      Delete
  2. I look forward to seeing the finished piece, as well!

    ReplyDelete