Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Questions


Any path contains ideas and concepts that require deeper thought. Sometimes, finding answers only provoke more questions.

 

There is a lot to the phrase, “Just be”. And I also love, “It is what it is”.

 

But I am curious. I always have been. As a little boy, I snuck into the church and worked my up onto the altar and took a look inside the tabernacle. The priests and nuns told us that Jesus lived in there. I didn’t see him.

 

The questioning begun then I think.

 

I think asking questions is healthy and belies an open mind not afraid of growing richer.

 

One of the favourite songs that I have written with my band Elektrum contains the line, “I am searching for the sacred, but sometimes it’s dangerous”.

 

Questioning can be dangerous, because sometimes we might get answers that we do not want to hear.

 

One of the biggest questions I have in relation to the Netjeru, is why did They disappear from our consciousness for so long and in such a big way, when finally the Romans usurped Egypt and Christianity began to ensue? Was there a grand design to this?

 

Do any of my readers care to comment?

 
This post is my second "Q" in the PBP

3 comments:

  1. I don't know that the gods chose to go away from us, but perhaps we went away from them. Centuries of being downtrodden affects a country, a nation. And I think it's entirely possible that people wanted something more, or felt that the Netjeru weren't providing for them like they used to. There is a theory about this, that that is how Christianity really took off as well. People were destroyed over the state of Europe, and it was easier to place your faith in a better world after death. It is worth considering, if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that They turned away from us as much as we from Them.

    I have another theory that has a lot to do with the Netjeru being more universal than "only" the Gods of Kemet. My artwork seeks to express this notion too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Part of it happened when the Roman empire sought to unify their country under one religion. They made the practice of magic illegal, and as magic is so intertwined with Egyptian relgion, that quite disabled it. Also, forcing the Egyptians to give up their own written language disabled it as well. But Osiris rises again! As we study the ancient writings and art, the gods 'quicken' the statues and images with their presence. (And you're right about the 'universality'. The forces of Netjer are not limited to any one name or culture.)

    ReplyDelete