Monday, 21 May 2012

Jeff Cullen

My two letter J posts are both about artists connected with Netjer that I have made acquaintance with over the internet. Both have made a difference to my artistic and spiritual life.  Last week I featured Joan Lansberry.

This week it is sculptor Jeff Cullen.

Words do little to capture the scope of Jeff's work. See for yourself:

Athena
Pomba Gira
Asterion
Dionysus

Dionysus rear
Cain
Eros
Pallas
Hekate
Cernunnos


There is a power and majesty to Jeff's work that I can only sum up as divinely inspired . . .

Lucifer Apollyon
Lucifer
Sacred heart of Lucifer
Sacred heart of Lucifer rear
Lucifer the Light Bearer
His work is so breathtaking that I wonder if the Gods Themselves created him for the purpose of creating Their images upon the earth at this time in history.

Jeff's talent is not restricted to scultpure - this is a painting of Lucifer

Jeff's modern interpretation of Netjer is what first got my attention. Specifically it was this statue of Set.


Magnificent Set!
Set in detail
Jeff's subsequent Kemetic sculptures have left me feeling a kind of kinship as I also explore modern conceptions of Netjer with my own art.
Anpu

Anpu detail

Ausar

Auset

Lord Heru

A most beautiful Sekhmet

Nebt-Ht

Nebt-Ht detail

Jeff's website is here.

His Facebook page is here.

Thank Netjer for Jeff Cullen!


The artist himself


This post is my second "J" for the Pagan Blog Project

2 comments:

  1. I have no words that even begin to describe what Cullen's artistry inspires in me. Thank you so much for this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand totally - this is one of those posts where words fail and the images do all the talking.

    His work inspires mine also. And you are more than welcome for the post - I am glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.