Tuesday, 24 January 2012

A Plinth

(Yes, I dare to use this post as my second "A" submission for the Pagan Blog Project 2012")


I have had urges to bring some Netjeru out of my Shrine (Room) and place them in visibility in the upstairs (private) area of my new home.

At first I was unsure, but I began with assembling some of the smaller stauettes along the edge of my bath. It gives me great comfort and joy to see them when I bathe.


Feeling comfortable with this, a landing at the top of my stairs inspired a loftier vision, so I set about creating a plinth for Set and Heru-Wer. The landing at the top of the stairs was begging for some kind of realisation, an installation of some kind. I measured the area up and got the pieces required cut at the hardware store. My dad is an engineer so he oversaw the design and worked out what I would require to make it. He then made the original form that you can see awaiting painting below.




After the primer (which took a few coats) I applied the black gloss. I wanted to make sure the area where the statues of Netjer were going was particularly well painted and prepared.


I then brought the piece inside to commence applying the hieroglyphs. I took an image from the ones I had previously painted on Lord Set’s (pendant / travelling) Shrine  and arranged them on a worksheet next to those of Heru-Wer’s so that the dimensions would be correct.







 I was happy with the way they turned out.







And finally, Lord Set and Lord Heru-Wer upon the plinth, overseeing my living space.









3 comments:

  1. Nice. Though I'd think it's a transmission line subwoofer enclosure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. Lying flat it resembles a coffin so I heard that a few times as I was carting it around the place too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a monolith! Very impressive. ^_^

    ReplyDelete