Sunday, 31 July 2011

Netjer through time / King Tut Exhibit 2


A beautiful, beautiful statue of Auset that Aunty Sue bought me at the Exhibition

I visited the King Tut exhibit again with Aunty Sue, and enjoyed new subtleties not experienced the last time I was there (a few weeks ago): there were virtually no crowds this time!

My musings about how Netjer is manifesting in our current world began on the way there when visiting a designer jewelry gallery that was having an “Egyptian revival” exhibition. It featured pieces by the artist I have commissioned to do my Set pendant / statue (see my last blog post).

Jewelry exhibition flyer

I have wondered before about successful artistic interpretations on Kemetic ideas, principles and objects. The images that have been passed down to us from antiquity have such a strong presence (probably owing to 4000 years of history that kept art styles essentially the same). Even when “interpreted”, these still hold their own. Is this the heka of the objects? Is it the Heka or Ka of the Netjeru, if indeed it is that representation being interpreted?

When we got to the exhibition and I had time to sit in there and contemplate (the crowd was so thin that this luxury was afforded me), I found myself further considering the nature of funerary objects. Something inside of me tells me that these objects - especially the Tutankhamun ones - were meant to be discovered that fateful day in 1922 and shown to us in modern times.

Why?

I guess that question is the drive behind this post. Aside from us potentially relearning parts of our history lost through antiquity that we need especially right now (such as an understanding of Netjer, heka, our Soul Anatomy, channeled / free energy / technology), was Egypt so powerful that it now acts as a beacon in time that we are drawn back to? Was there something in that moment in history fundamental to our evolution that we have forgotten that we now sorely need? If so then why did it fall and we find ourselves where we are today? And most importantly, what is it, and how do we find it?

Aunty Sue remarked on one of the Amarna head sculptures featured in the exhibit and that it was a style that Akhnaton was developing as a “trademark” to distinguish his rule from others. But when we went into the Tutankhamun mummy room, a replica of his skull shows elongation too. What was going on with the Amarna pharaohs? Who were they? Even Amenhotep III (Akhnaton’s father) seems unearthly. Is there an oterh world / extraterrestrial connection here?

Replica of Tut's skull

Replica of Tut's mummified remains
Is now an optimal time in history that we can appropriate what we know from Ancient Egypt as we now have the technology to understand it? Look how you can navigate through Tut’s tomb for example. Egypt really is brought to the world successfully these days.

Was the technology they had then more one of the soul, and the one we have now more of the material? Are the two about to combine?

A computer console allows for navigating through Tut's burial chamber

 
I feel certain that Netjer is remerging in these times for a purpose. I do not know why.

Yet.


The rear of my new Auset statue - I want to reference these wings for future art projects








5 comments:

  1. Awesome post and great pictures. I'm so jealous. I'm heading down to Melbourne soon just so I can see the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction - I WAS, I missed the boat though :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    The exhibit is here until November 6th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too feel a strong connection to ancient Egypt and agree with you that there is a reason for the popularity that it is regaining. I feel that something major is on the horizon. I have a connection to Ra and Thoth and feel it getting stronger everyday. Once I was asking for a sign in the sky from Ra (I was feeling very down and asking for a pick-me-up) and to my amazement, I looked up and saw the eye of Horus. Ra is a very personal figure for me and I feel he wants us to connect with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is much undiscovered still and I think that a future find is going to change the way we think about ancient history and especially Kemet.

    There is an article I just read today about proof of the Egyptians in ancient Australia!

    ReplyDelete