Sunday, 24 July 2011

Double Senet Weekend


I have performed two Senuts this weekend for Wep Ronpet 2011 - one on Friday Night 22nd July (one day after New Year) and another last night Saturday 23rd July.

I had wanted to do one on Thursday night (New Years Day) but was not up to it. I used the Friday night one to clean my Shrine as there was a fair bit of accumulated incense ash / soot in and on it. I also wanted to introduce new pieces into my Shrine for the (real) Senut on Saturday night.

I cleaned the Statues and Objects with a purpose bought paint brush, and wiped the actual shrine out with a cloth.

The bathing in natron is doing something to my body and energy. I feel amazing after it. In fact, I felt amazing after both Senuts (I know the first one was technically not a Senut as such but I went through much ritual to open the Shrine and wore my ritual gear).

I enjoyed the Friday night session as I had not done a Senut in some time and wanted to sit with Netjer again. It always feels so good when I do.

In preparation for the offerings on Saturday I bought chicken, beer and added savoury biscuits, some mandarin and cashews. I had to use a non “introduced” glass for the water as I had forgotten about the water part required for offerings, (I had done my pre-ritual cleansing in the bath).

When I was in the bath I focused on the meaning of purification as suggested in the Egyptian Prayer Book, which I use as the basis for my Senuts, btw. As I was focusing on this and enjoying the feeling in my bath I sensed an object appear over my head. I could feel it there. 

When I did my rituals of the Senut I kept my incense (on a new CERAMIC dish!) on my red altar and away from the Shrine to prevent the incense ash getting in there again. I also placed my two page Prayer there for Wep Ronpet. (I then placed this at the bottom of the Shrine, you will see it in the video).


video

I had a sense of the Netjeru again in this Senut and got some information about the Djed pillar and my spine. There was also an indication to keep exploring the Nine Eyes of Light.

In a powerful moment, I felt Khonsu and Set take my hand (Khonsu left, Set right) as we walked to a “place”. I started to feel emotional but did not cry. I think this very much is tied to the Ka Shen Sekhem (energy healing) I had sent through last week too.

Before going to bed I found this page / site with all these wonderful expressions and interpretations of Set: Awesome art page / site featuring Set

As a lovely surprise, I turned on my phone this morning and it was my jeweller (who sometimes goes missing in action) letting me know I could come and see the cast for the Set pendant / statuette he is making for me.

This is only a wax model, but check this out.



Superb.

And a lovely compliment to my Double Senut Weekend.

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.