Thursday, 23 June 2011

The Beam

I have been reading Susan Shumsky’s “Ascension”, as the subject of physical immortality fascinates me.
There is an account from one “Joseph” in the book that speaks of a technique where you walk into or place yourself into a beam of light, being where you wish to be. So if Ascension is the goal, in meditation you visualize yourself in that beam as ascended.
There is another concept he mentions that I also found fascinating and tried, called the line of unbelief. Essentially you step out of this world and over the line of unbelief to the world that you want to be in - a similar concept to the beam.
So as my goal is to be closer to and understand the Netjeru I set about this. An image of a sculpture of a Pharaoh sitting with Heru struck me.


I think that the Ancients were moving themselves into the beam or across the unbelief line when they had sculptures like this made, which must have taken a lot of time and effort.
So I tried the technique, and for the first time in a long time got a real sense that indeed I was sitting between two Netjeru. It felt “heightened” but there was a realness to it that has left residue with me the whole day (I was in a particularly good mood).



As part of my Prayer petition in a recent Senut was this concept, I think a prayer was answered. . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment