Saturday, 21 May 2011

Senut

So with the Egyptian Prayer book in hand as my guide, I set about my first Senut.

I had a bath in rock salt and placed frankincense, myrrh and sandalwood in it. Sandalwood is a new essential oil for me - I got it on Friday as I learned that it is a preferred scent of Heru and Sekhmet. Interestingly, frankincense and myrrh has always been a staple of mine in my aromatherapy supplies.

I put on my ritual robes - interestingly, a gown I used for a strip act of being an angel! (Yes, I used to be a stripper!: it is a white gown and when I had it made the lady asked me if it was for choir!!) I have also chosen special underwear to wear to Senut as I want a “charged” pair for days when I might need extra power. (Yes I do believe the Mormons have a similar belief). There is some regular jewellery that I wear that I also wanted to wear to Senut as I want these pieces to become alive with Netjer energy too.

I prepared water with an amino acid mix in it (sweet and nutritious) as well as apple and cinnamon rice cakes. I lit frankincense stones and my beeswax candles, and performed the water and salt purification rituals. Touching each object in the shrine with the water certainly did feel like I was “activating them”. (I had forgotten to anoint the actual Shrine itself and Netjer reminded me just after I started the prayer and meditating part!).

I wanted to start opening the chakras but a form of Udjat came through me and we were off! The images in my Shrine hold power - I already knew this. So connecting was not an issue as much as taking the right and best steps to doing so . . . .

I prayed about my relationship with Netjer and my stepping into my Power / Ka Djet / Heka.

The first part was very much on my mind approaching Senut as I was fearful about the ritual. It was a kind of “no going back” after I start the formalities of it. I have a deep sense that I have done this before (another life) and the Names confirmed this, and that I left to experience “individuality” and being on my own. How could I turn my back on the Divine? What was that all about?

I was very comfortable with the “worship” parts - like performing henu for example. I was not sure how I would go with that but it felt very right.

The second part has to do with knowing that I have not fulfilled my destiny and that "damage" from recent years has somehow prevented me stepping into my powerfulness.

I communed about my two fathers and my two mothers, and a fifth Name that resurrected the alchemical and shamanic parts of me again in this lifetime and body. They said that I would come across an object / statue of this Netjer sometime soon and that I needed it for the Shrine. There was also a brief flash on the first two tattoos I am getting on my body of Netjer. And confirmation of to them being “blades”.

A recent entry from the Seshathotep blog about Netjer kaleidoscopes ran through my mind . . .

My body feels different after Senut. And I feel calm. I played Ocean Sounds at Sunset the entire ritual and now as I write what happened.

I feel like Senut is an art and a skill, and that in time I will get better at it and fall into the richness of the relationship that I seek with Netjer as I do.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! There must be some differences between the prayer book version of Senut and the basic one from the class. I haven't tried "touching each object", but it sounds like it's worth a try.
    I have the same impression- it's a very simple rite, not much to it, BUT I get the distinct impression that I need to practice and get better at it.
    I'm also in the odd status that it's fine to be in the Kemetic Orthodox community, but I should be doing something else in addition to/outside it. I haven't figured out exactly what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As yet, I am not part of any community. Until recently (starting this blog) have had no contact with others or discussed with anyone where I sit in relation to Netjer.
    I find Rev. Suidas work strikes a chord with me but do not feel the urge to join Kemetic Orthodoxy, as much as I enjoy the forum and skirting around the outside. I am grateful there is a space provided for me to do so.

    ReplyDelete