Friday, 22 April 2011

Here it is, in time for Easter

I find myself at a time in my life where metaphysics, spirituality, the Great Unknown and the Great Mystery all bear down upon and through me. Again. The last time this happened (not that it ever went away, but let's just say that the wheel has turned full circle again) it was the late 80's and early 90's (I started relatively young). That time involved a "UFO" encounter (I think of this phenomena in different terms), my car going over a cliff (yes I was in it) living in 3 different Australian cities and finally, The Lion Path.

But I digress (and I will elaborate on those aforementioned other subjects another time, if anyone wants to know that is), as this blog is about the specific way that I find my spirituality / metaphysical self unfolding: through the Netjeru and the writings left behind by the Ancient Kemetic People (the Ancient Egyptians).

Am I religious? I do not consider myself so at all. I am fascinated by religions, but part of my journey right now is working out where I fit and who I am in relation to Netjer. There is a relationship there, and I am still finding what that relationship is.

Am I a devotee of Netjer? Well, I have an altar, a multi-story shrine for statues that I have purchased plus ones I have made from FIMO, and I very much like reading Egyptian Prayers out loud. I like to read from The Book Of Coming Forth By Day (aka Book Of The Dead) aloud. I have followed one Ancient Egyptian Shamanic practice already earlier in my life (The Lion Path) and am following another currently (Shamanic Mysteries Of Egypt) which I am finding to be powerful and beneficial with my unfolding and development.

Even though I have barely introduced myself and deliberately wish to remain somewhat anonymous, I find it timely that my blog - a long time coming - debuts in our world at Easter time. This period in the Christian calendar has fascinated me since I was a child. Jesus - whom I have no doubt spent time in training in the Great Temples of Egypt - died and resurrected: itself a common theme with Kemt. The promise of Immortality (and my special interest - Physical Immortality) draws me to that story again and again.

And so where does the Easter egg come into it? The Divine Egg or envelope of one of our subtle bodies is another theme of Kemetic understanding, and I wonder if this is a surviving remnant that we still glimpse? I am reminded by my visit to the Coptic Museum in Cairo last November (2010) and noticing the many examples of the Kemetic religion merging with the Christian before the latter began to take hold.

Amon-Ra sits on my altar as I pass through His particular meditation sequence in the Shamanic Mysteries of Egypt, and yes, I can feel the presence of this Netjer around, with and near me.

The photo below was taken earlier this month at the airport as I waited to board my flight to New Zealand. As the Great Globe rose in the sky I could hear some Middle Eastern men chattering in their language about something; as I looked up it was this that they were pointing to and were fascinated by, as was I.

As were the Ancient Peoples of Kemt all that time ago.

2 comments:

  1. One of the books on my list to get is "Shamanic Wisdom in the Pyramid Texts" by Jeremy Naydler.

    http://www.amazon.com/Shamanic-Wisdom-Pyramid-Texts-Tradition/dp/0892817550/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_2

    I passed up a chance to get that book on sale because "shaman" is one of those terms that are bandied about by people that don't know what it means.

    I'm reading his "Temple of the Cosmos" now, and it's quite good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also read "Temple of the cosmos". Would like to hear how the Pyramid texts ones reads too.

    ReplyDelete